El Governor is a popular place for beach weddings since family members can move easily between their rooms, the beach and covered areas, then continue the celebration at the Tiki Bar! See our list of helpful beach wedding resources below or call us for more information.
Florida Marriage Info
- Obtaining a marriage license is done by simply going to any courthouse in the State of Florida. You do
not have to apply in the same county that you wish to be married.
- Out of State residents have no waiting period. Florida residents have a 3 day waiting period, unless you
attend marriage counseling classes prior to applying for your license.
- Applicants must both be 18 years of age and present a valid, picture identification. Previously married
persons must show either a final divorce decree or a certified copy of a death certificate.
- No blood test or physical required, the license fee is around $93.50 and must be paid in cash at the
courthouse when you apply for the license.
- Gulf County Courthouse is located at 1000 Cecil G. Costin, Sr Blvd (Hwy 77 North), Port Saint Joe, FL
32456. The courthouse is located 15 minutes west of Mexico Beach. Gulf County Clerks Office – 850-
229-6112 – marriage license.
- Franklin County Courthouse is located at 33 Market Street, Apalachicola, FL 32329. The Franklin
County Courthouse services St. George Island, Apalachicola and Carrabelle.
Ministers and Notaries
- Jack Mullen – “Marrying Jack” – Notary Public [email protected] or 850-648-4979
- Rev. Ted Lovelace (Methodist Minister- Beach weddings) 850-648-8820
- David Nichols (Baptist Minister – Beach weddings) 850-647-3950
- Tonya Knox – Notary Public [email protected] or 850-227-5944
- Kim Stone Photography – 850-762-4912 www.kimstonephotography.com
- Marie Stevens – Photography – 850-648-2300
- Dustin Bryson – Photography – 850-532-7188 www.brysonphoto.com
- Images By Anitra – Photography – 850-340-0144 – [email protected]
- Anthony Valenti – Photography – 678-464-8395 www.anthonyvalenti.com
- Videographer – Ken Murphy – 850-229-8033
- Florist – Expressions from the Heart – 850-227-3814
- Florist – Petal’s By the Bay – 850-227-1564
Cakes and Catering
- Cakes – Rhonda Tull 850-229-6941 or Lulus Sweet shop – 850-227-9338
- Catering – Paul Gant (Roasts, BBQ, Tenderloin) 850-227-1473
- Amanda’s Bistro – Full Service Catering – 648-5102
- Provisions Catering – Full Service Catering – 850-229-9200
Tables, Chairs and Tents
- Tables, chairs, tents and linens and full planning – Panache Tents and events – 850- 227-9579
- Tables, Chairs and tents – St. Joe Rent-All – 850-227-2112
- Complete Wedding Planning – Elizabeth Wynn – 850-227-9579
- Transportation – airport or around town – Billy Dixson – 850-227-5126
City of Mexico Beach
Make sure that you get an event permit for a wedding with more than 50 people on the beach in Mexico Beach, in a park or at the pier. This is a free permit, please call 850-648-2033 Building Department.